Mark your calendar for April 22, as the excitement around Fort Lauderdale’s Heal the Planet Day builds. Earth Day 2017 marks the 2nd annual celebration of the planet from event producers Heal the Planet and SouthFlo Events. Taking place from 11am to 5pm, plan to bring the family and arrive early to partake of food, fun, festivities and entertainment.
Attendees will have a plethora of activities to relish including:
• Opportunities to judge the Farmer & the Chef Vegetarian cooking competition
• Kids’ zone with free face painting, arts, crafts and games (including SusieQ Global TRASHformation collaborative art project with local litter (cleaned for the project)
• VIP entry with tasty vegan bites, wine and craft beer sampling
• Mini yoga, Pilates and dance classes
• Musical entertainment featuring Drum Café and Blue Sky Drive
• Treats from South Florida’s top food vendors
• Workshop on growing your own food using best practices
Cost: Free entry or limited VIP entry for only $25. Location: Esplanade Park, 400 SW 2nd St., Fort Lauderdale. Bring blankets, lawn chairs and a carefree spirit. This is a litter-free, MOOP (matter out of place) event. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/HTPDay2017. For tickets, visit http://bit.ly/HTPdaytix. #HealThePlanetDay #HTPDay #HealThePlanet #SouthFloEvents #FunkyBuddhaHTPDay #KindHTPDay #GoRiverwalkHTPDay.