Natural Awakenings readers are intensely loyal. They are progressive, well educated and well informed. They are at the leading edge of an increasingly recognized demographic that has been dubbed “LOHAS,” which refers to those who want “Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability.” These individuals comprise one-third of the adult population in this country, or nearly 70 million consumers. Their purchasing decisions are value-driven and significantly affected by their concern about both human and planetary health.
In our 2013 National Readership Survey, respondents tell us:
- 61.5% have been reading Natural Awakenings for more than 2 years
- 21% purchase from our advertisers between 1 and 3 times per month
- 34.7% share their monthly copy of our magazine with 2 or more additional readers
- 80.5% are female
- 48.6% are between 35 and 54 years of age
- 59.8% have one or more college degrees
- 89.1% purchase healthy or organic food
- 51.5% attend spiritual or healing events
- 45.9% attend exercise or fitness events
- 32,467 people have downloaded our iPhone/iPad App
Natural Awakenings Healthy Living Magazine rated higher over TV, Radio, Internet and other print publications as the #1 source for health-related information. (Conducted by CVC: Circulation Verification Council)
Distribution / Circulation
Natural Awakenings magazine is part of a growing family of locally owned magazines reaching over 4 million readers in 95 national markets. By being part of a larger network of magazines, we can provide the latest health and wellness information available through feature articles written by nationally-recognized authors, as well as articles by local experts.